Friday, April 24, 2009

Thank God it's Friday!!!!!

Well another week at work has ended and I can mark that week off towards retirement!!!!!! 39 months and 7 days!!!!!!I know that sounds real stupid to ya'll but I sure am looking forward to it. If I had a picture to post with this it would be an old lady sitting in the rocking chair holding a blanket and rocking back and forth. That be ME!!!!!!!!!
This was an exhausting week. We had news that they were laying off more people! Thank God none were at our plant. But all the other ones had as many as eleven. I feel real sorry for them, this could mean some of them loosing their homes or cars or not being able to provide for their children as they were accustomed to. This is a sad time in which we live but just hold on to God's unchanging hand!!!! He loves us no matter what. And he promised he would supply all our needs, not necessary our wants but our NEEDS!!! Thank you Lord for all your blesssings on me!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Countdown to retirement doesn't sound stupid to me! I did the same thing and it actually went by pretty fast! Can't wait for you to be able to hang out with me more:) We are blessed and I am so thankful too! Love you and Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure doesn't sound stupid to me either. I don't think you need to see yourself in a rocking chair though. I'm thinking a lounge chair on the beach suits you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I'm 53 and trying to find work. Not going well either. Times are tough... thanks for those words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete